Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An animal of a breed of small white, brown, or black dog with a silky coat of medium length.
- ‘The loyal and affectionate Tibetan Spaniel thrives on human companionship, forming a strong bond with their owners and family.’
- ‘Owning a Tibetan Spaniel is not a matter to be treated lightly.’
- ‘Especially popular in monasteries, the Tibetan spaniel was prized for its loyalty and usefulness.’
- ‘Apparently the correct definition of his mongrelism is that he is a retriever and Tibetan spaniel cross.’
- ‘The Tibetan Spaniel is a relatively healthy breed with only one documented hereditary problem.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.