One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An animal of a breed of large black-and-tan dog with a thick coat and drop ears.
- ‘In order to turbocharge the Akita's aggressiveness, it was crossbred with Tibetan mastiffs and Great Danes.’
- ‘Some experts believe both dogs may be descended from the Tibetan mastiff, which is often recognized as one of the most ancient dog breeds.’
- ‘The first Tibetan Mastiff Club of America (TMCA) was founded in 1974, and is one of the oldest clubs for the Tibetan Mastiff in America.’
- ‘In the dog shows in Delhi, the Tibetan mastiff, the Lhasa Apso and the Rampur hound are, very often, the stars.’
- ‘A fearsome Tibetan mastiff stands guard outside a dwelling while a smaller dog is ready to sound the alarm indoors if anyone is clever enough or lucky enough to slip past the mastiff.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.