An animal of a breed of large black-and-tan dog with a thick coat and drop ears.
- ‘In the dog shows in Delhi, the Tibetan mastiff, the Lhasa Apso and the Rampur hound are, very often, the stars.’
- ‘The first Tibetan Mastiff Club of America (TMCA) was founded in 1974, and is one of the oldest clubs for the Tibetan Mastiff in America.’
- ‘In order to turbocharge the Akita's aggressiveness, it was crossbred with Tibetan mastiffs and Great Danes.’
- ‘Some experts believe both dogs may be descended from the Tibetan mastiff, which is often recognized as one of the most ancient dog breeds.’
- ‘A fearsome Tibetan mastiff stands guard outside a dwelling while a smaller dog is ready to sound the alarm indoors if anyone is clever enough or lucky enough to slip past the mastiff.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.