One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for chiru
- ‘The endangered Tibetan antelope or the chiru has been chosen after a fierce global contest as one of the five mascots of the Beijing Olympics 2008.’
- ‘From tigers to the killing of Tibetan antelopes and sea turtles in Orissa, everything worries her, and there is a strong determination to fight against all odds.’
- ‘It will take 10 days for all the 40,000 female and baby Tibetan antelopes to cross the construction site.’
- ‘Four mountaineers in the high steppes of northern Tibet and northeastern China have located the key calving ground of the chiru, a rare Tibetan antelope.’
- ‘Many different kinds of wild animals live there, for instance, the Tibetan antelope, Asiatic wild ass and yak.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.