[mass noun] A coffee-flavoured liqueur based on rum, made originally in the Caribbean.
- ‘For a finale Anna had a Tia Maria liqueur coffee, while I opted for a cappuccino.’
- ‘Share your thoughts, views, experiences, feelings and any tasting notes about Tia Maria by replying here.’
- ‘You can replace Tia Maria with any other liqueur or omit if the sauce is for children.’
- ‘The beans are ground and combined with sugar, syrup, rum and other secret ingredients at Tia Maria's production plant in Kingston Jamaica.’
- ‘You can enjoy the relaxing pleasure of high tea at 4: 00 and Tia Marias served with moonlight.’
From Spanish Tía María, literally Aunt Mary.