One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coffee-flavoured liqueur based on rum, made originally in the Caribbean.
- ‘For a finale Anna had a Tia Maria liqueur coffee, while I opted for a cappuccino.’
- ‘You can replace Tia Maria with any other liqueur or omit if the sauce is for children.’
- ‘You can enjoy the relaxing pleasure of high tea at 4: 00 and Tia Marias served with moonlight.’
- ‘The beans are ground and combined with sugar, syrup, rum and other secret ingredients at Tia Maria's production plant in Kingston Jamaica.’
- ‘Share your thoughts, views, experiences, feelings and any tasting notes about Tia Maria by replying here.’
From Spanish Tía María, literally ‘Aunt Mary’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.