One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveEntomology
- ‘It would not be an exaggeration to describe him as ‘a man for all seasons’ when it comes to his thysanopteran research endeavours.’
- ‘He showed that the thysanopterans are efficiently removed from plants only by small ant species that are able to enter inside floral structures to capture them.’
- ‘Thrips, as thysanopterans are commonly called, are slender and may be winged or wingless.’
- ‘Many thysanopterans disperse over short distances or migrate over large areas, and mass flights are observed.’
- ‘A close examination of the thysanopteran ‘pupa’, however, reveals that it does not undergo any internal transformation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.