One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the pituitary gland which regulates the production of thyroid hormones.
- ‘The response to thyroxine in patients with positive autoantibodies or abnormal thyrotrophin releasing hormone responses did not differ from that in other participants; numbers were too small for detailed analysis.’
- ‘Anterior pituitary function was investigated in five patients using glucagon, thyrotrophin releasing hormone, and gonadotrophin releasing hormone challenge.’
- ‘Of these, eight had been treated with thyroxine for an abnormal test result for thyrotrophin releasing hormone, and all considered their menstrual loss to have returned to normal.’
- ‘The evaluation of erectile dysfunction includes a sexual history, a genital examination, a serum testosterone level, and prolactin and thyrotropin levels.’
- ‘Some investigators have claimed that lead affects both peripheral thyroid hormone levels and basal and stimulated thyrotrophin levels in lead-exposed males.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.