One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for hyperthyroidism
- ‘Ten respondents reported thyrotoxicosis before hypothyroidism, and 4 reported hypothyroidism before thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘In contrast, the presence of goiter, hand tremor, and exophthalmos suggests thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘This mechanism is thought to be important in some forms of laxative abuse, diabetic diarrhoea, and thyrotoxicosis.’
- ‘Clinical hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis, is caused by the effects of excess thyroid hormone and can be triggered by different disorders.’
- ‘Too much hormone production, for a variety of reasons, many of which are still unknown, and you get hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.