One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protein present in the thyroid gland, from which thyroid hormones are synthesized.
- ‘The test measures a protein known as thyroglobulin, which is made by thyroid-cancer cells.’
- ‘Chronic stimulation of the receptor causes an increase in the synthesis of a major thyroid hormone precursor, thyroglobulin.’
- ‘Thyroid antibodies were measured by an immunoradiographic procedure using thyroglobulin and purified thyroid peroxidase in 11 subjects.’
- ‘Immunostains for thyroglobulin were positive in both tumor elements, and calcitonin stain was negative.’
- ‘The tissue specific expression of thyroglobulin and parathyroid hormone is commonly used for diagnosis and follow up of patients with thyroid cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.