Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the thymus gland or its functions.‘decline in thymic activity associated with age’
- ‘In addition, thymic atrophy occurs secondary to decreased thymic hormone secretion, which leads to decreased T-lymphocyte production.’
- ‘Progressive growth of a spontaneous T cell lymphoma, designated as Dalton's lymphoma, causes suppression of immune responses and thymic atrophy.’
- ‘In addition to the alveolar epithelial cells, host immune cells located outside the lung, such as splenic and thymic cells, undergo apoptosis during influenza infections.’
- ‘Final diagnoses included one bronchogenic cyst and one combined bronchogenic cyst and thymic hyperplasia.’
- ‘Routine sections revealed normal thymic tissue with fatty involution and no evidence of tumor.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.