Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the thymus gland or its functions.‘decline in thymic activity associated with age’
- ‘Routine sections revealed normal thymic tissue with fatty involution and no evidence of tumor.’
- ‘In addition to the alveolar epithelial cells, host immune cells located outside the lung, such as splenic and thymic cells, undergo apoptosis during influenza infections.’
- ‘Final diagnoses included one bronchogenic cyst and one combined bronchogenic cyst and thymic hyperplasia.’
- ‘Progressive growth of a spontaneous T cell lymphoma, designated as Dalton's lymphoma, causes suppression of immune responses and thymic atrophy.’
- ‘In addition, thymic atrophy occurs secondary to decreased thymic hormone secretion, which leads to decreased T-lymphocyte production.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.