Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgical removal of the thymus gland.‘the disease improved as a result of thymectomy’count noun ‘a thymectomy was performed’
- ‘In the course of achieving hemostasis, a thymectomy was performed.’
- ‘Inadvertent surgical thymectomy may result in cell-mediated immune deficiencies in infants and young children.’
- ‘Subsequently, she underwent surgery, which included partial gastrectomy, thymectomy, and splenectomy.’
- ‘The purpose of this study is to analyze the results of thymectomy in patients with myasthenia gravis with or without the presence of a thymoma.’
- ‘A discussion concerning the surgical approaches to thymectomy must first begin with the anatomy of the thymus itself.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.