One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for thrips
- ‘In the hot weather, tiny thunderbugs or ‘thrips’ managed to get into the LCD panel somehow.’
- ‘We stayed up high for a couple of miles, a hatch of thunderbugs coated a gate post, a train hooted and rattled and we descended a sunken wooded track to the Newbridge Crossing.’
- ‘However, if you see a black cloud of thunder bugs or flying ants around, zip up the tent door quickly.’
- ‘On a straight stretch into Darlington, the heat haze wobbling the view, there were millions - even billions - of thunderbugs.’
- ‘Use Sellotape around the glass to (a) keep out dust and dirt and (b) keep out thunderbugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.