One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for thrips
- ‘In the hot weather, tiny thunderbugs or ‘thrips’ managed to get into the LCD panel somehow.’
- ‘We stayed up high for a couple of miles, a hatch of thunderbugs coated a gate post, a train hooted and rattled and we descended a sunken wooded track to the Newbridge Crossing.’
- ‘Use Sellotape around the glass to (a) keep out dust and dirt and (b) keep out thunderbugs.’
- ‘However, if you see a black cloud of thunder bugs or flying ants around, zip up the tent door quickly.’
- ‘On a straight stretch into Darlington, the heat haze wobbling the view, there were millions - even billions - of thunderbugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.