One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The name Colobus is derived from the German language to mean thumbless, which is a characteristic of Colobus monkeys.’
- ‘But despite worldwide disapproval, these thumbless inbreds are emigrating in droves.’
- ‘He was the one who talked filth to Laura Dern in Wild At Heart and more recently played a thumbless Canadian spy in The English Patient.’
- ‘Pretty soon the clouds lifted and there in front of me were the peaks, soaring like a giant thumbless hand into the clouds.’
- ‘With her fingers inside the thumbless muffs, she couldn't work the snaps, and that was so frustrating!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.