One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A slow-motion replay revealed that he had deliberately lashed out at an opponent, thuggishly kicking the player's ankle.’
- ‘He and his partner continue to thuggishly interrogate the local townsmen, attempting to pin the crime on the local town dunce.’
- ‘In the way that they're organized and in the way that they thuggishly behave, they remind one of the Cosa Nostra.’
- ‘How could people behave so thuggishly, when called upon to hold a minute's silence?’
- ‘I think that if somebody behaves thuggishly towards you, you have the right to protect yourself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.