One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See thuddingas submodifier ‘rarely has a life-affirming finale seemed more thuddingly sentimental’
- ‘What's a loyal citizen to do when his government seems so thuddingly wrong?’
- ‘Coburn is also off camera for thuddingly lengthy stretches of the picture, while Cobb and the gaggle of actresses run about doing pointless bits of business.’
- ‘I can see people are talking about me, and I go over to hear what they are saying, and it's a thuddingly dull remark.’
- ‘Though Bourne's first half-hour is thuddingly dull, it does manage to eventually find legs to stand on once Potente shows up.’
- ‘Yeah, he's ‘funny,’ but in such a thuddingly obvious way that one wonders if Lyon even understands the films he so enthusiastically rips off.’
- ‘With a less deft script, this could have been a thuddingly dull motion picture, but Steers finds the right balance between irony and pathos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.