One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See thuddingas submodifier ‘rarely has a life-affirming finale seemed more thuddingly sentimental’
- ‘What's a loyal citizen to do when his government seems so thuddingly wrong?’
- ‘With a less deft script, this could have been a thuddingly dull motion picture, but Steers finds the right balance between irony and pathos.’
- ‘Though Bourne's first half-hour is thuddingly dull, it does manage to eventually find legs to stand on once Potente shows up.’
- ‘Yeah, he's ‘funny,’ but in such a thuddingly obvious way that one wonders if Lyon even understands the films he so enthusiastically rips off.’
- ‘I can see people are talking about me, and I go over to hear what they are saying, and it's a thuddingly dull remark.’
- ‘Coburn is also off camera for thuddingly lengthy stretches of the picture, while Cobb and the gaggle of actresses run about doing pointless bits of business.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.