A relatively thin, broad mass of rock situated between two approximately parallel thrust faults.
- ‘However, on the southern margins of Jabal Akhdar, Saih Hatat, and other domes, the Hawasina units form south-dipping thrust slices.’
- ‘The clastic unit is truncated by an overlying tectonic thrust slice of Zeederbergs Formation pillow basalts.’
- ‘These thrust slices were incorporated into the melange as they were exhumed, the interleaving occurring near surface.’
- ‘Individual thrust slices are thin and pinch out over short distances.’
- ‘The Central Pontides, to the north of the North Anatolian Fault, are dominated by thrust slices of Late Palaeozoic-Early Mesozoic age.’