One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for reversing the flow of gas from a jet engine so as to produce a retarding backward force.
- ‘Abort procedures are very similar among many Air Force aircraft, with minor differences such as thrust reversers or tail hooks to help the situation.’
- ‘Post-flight inspection revealed that the deactivated thrust reverser's aft sleeve hook safety wire had failed.’
- ‘As with all Falcon trijets, the center engine will have a thrust reverser.’
- ‘Other airlines have policies not to use thrust reversers, so Qantas is just following standard industry practice.’
- ‘A fully loaded aircraft is capable of backing up a 2% gradient slope using the directed flow thrust reversers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.