One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Appear too eager to become the sexual partner of.‘she's throwing herself at that man, making a complete fool of herself’
- ‘I even considered going to his house (a forty-minute drive) some night and throwing myself at him, which is pathetic.’
- ‘She is one sexy lady, she's had four fabulous men throw themselves at her in just three episodes.’
- ‘Yet, I don't want to throw myself at him and be rejected and make the rest of the night painfully embarrassing for both of us.’
- ‘I've seen groupies on the road and women just throwing themselves at you just because you're famous, and I hate that.’
- ‘He sounded so sure of himself that I had to wonder how many girls readily threw themselves at him, eager for a date.’
- ‘There were a lot of girls there, some of them famous and the others just rich snobby girls who throw themselves at all the guys.’
- ‘And single, willing men are throwing themselves at me as well, which is getting annoying.’
- ‘She felt violated by the fact that he was treating her like some strumpet that would throw herself at him.’
- ‘She also knew that Melissa was a flirt and enjoyed throwing herself at men.’
- ‘I mean, how many other woman do I have to watch throw themselves at you?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.