One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behave in a childish and petulant way; have a tantrum.‘Lorenzo threw his toys out of the pram after being sent off’
- ‘I say: you're never too old to throw your toys out of the pram.’
- ‘This was all about making sure the Libs didn't throw their toys out of the pram.’
- ‘It seems that finally the government is throwing its toys out of the pram over this.’
- ‘It seems to me like he's throwing his toys out of the pram because he can't play in the position he wants.’
- ‘Gordon responded by throwing his toys out of the pram and trying another argument.’
- ‘No need to throw your toys out of the pram’
- ‘We fought a couple of world wars against people like this and I believe they should go somewhere else to throw their toys out of the pram.’
- ‘There is 40 points up for grabs, but Ralf has thrown his toys out of the pram (again).’
- ‘At that stage, it will be too late to stomp our feet, scream or throw our toys out of the pram.’
- ‘Denis, it seems, is throwing his toys out of the pram.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.