One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a bedspread or other large piece of cloth used as a loose-fitting decorative cover for a piece of furniture.‘an old sofa can be covered with a throw-over piece of material’
cover, covering, rug, afghan, quilt, eiderdown, duvetView synonyms
- ‘The tables have white linen covers with a northern Thai ‘sabai’ shawl throw-over.’
- ‘Click here for free illustrated instructions on making a throw-over bedspread.’
- ‘The tables and chairs are in light coloured natural wood, with cream tablecloths and bright blue throw-over covers.’
- ‘Unseen hands placed comfy chairs under our bottoms at tables covered with white linen tablecloths and Lanna style contrasting throw-over.’
- ‘We are selling this throw-over and 2 pillow cases set, never used and as new.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.