One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The flowing of liquid or air through something.
- ‘We give credit to all the organisers for providing parking facilities and ensuring an easy through-flow of traffic for the big games’
- ‘However dispersal was still possible between the Indo-Malay region and Western Australia throughout the entire Pleistocene, albeit at a reduced rate, via the Indonesian throughflow.’
- ‘Similarly, soils that are permeable tend to facilitate subsurface flow including interflow and throughflow, rather than surface run-off.’
- ‘The glass vessel was connected to a gas through-flow system as described in a previous paper.’
- ‘Local businessman, Ken McPherson, said there was a good level of activity in the town with a large increase in the throughflow of people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.