One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Under all circumstances, no matter how difficult.‘they stuck together through thick and thin’
- ‘He has done incredible service to the conservative cause through thick and thin, good times and bad, for well over a decade.’
- ‘They stuck with their story through thick and thin at a time when the U.S. Army was denying that their units were even in that area.’
- ‘The great-grandfather has been following the town's rugby league club, through thick and thin, for almost 80 years.’
- ‘We were always there for each other through thick and thin; no matter what happened.’
- ‘Dogs will stand by your side through thick and thin.’
- ‘My friends have stuck by me through thick and thin, and I think, you know, it's what good friendship's about.’
- ‘I've supported the club through thick and thin but this is all about making money.’
- ‘I've stuck with the franchise through thick and thin.’
- ‘As Sarah faces a possible future without the love of her life, she must push her fears aside and stand by James through thick and thin.’
- ‘She gets her inspiration from her five great friends (though she has more than that), who have stuck with her through thick and thin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.