One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Under all circumstances, no matter how difficult.‘they stuck together through thick and thin’
- ‘As Sarah faces a possible future without the love of her life, she must push her fears aside and stand by James through thick and thin.’
- ‘The great-grandfather has been following the town's rugby league club, through thick and thin, for almost 80 years.’
- ‘They stuck with their story through thick and thin at a time when the U.S. Army was denying that their units were even in that area.’
- ‘She gets her inspiration from her five great friends (though she has more than that), who have stuck with her through thick and thin.’
- ‘My friends have stuck by me through thick and thin, and I think, you know, it's what good friendship's about.’
- ‘He has done incredible service to the conservative cause through thick and thin, good times and bad, for well over a decade.’
- ‘We were always there for each other through thick and thin; no matter what happened.’
- ‘I've stuck with the franchise through thick and thin.’
- ‘Dogs will stand by your side through thick and thin.’
- ‘I've supported the club through thick and thin but this is all about making money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.