Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for through ball
- ‘Kate Kelly scored Nestlé's first after a great through pass by Margi Charlson and Julie Moore made it 2-0 before half-time.’
- ‘Morton, however, were in a feisty mood and they grabbed the equaliser in the 55th minute when Sean O'Connor slotted home after a brilliant through pass from Derek Collins.’
- ‘Poyet picked out Ferdinand with a clever through pass who then smartly rounded Henning Berg before picking out Ziege to fire home at the far post.’
- ‘Lloyd looked lively on the right flank, pushing forward at every opportunity and Copley turned excellently before just over-hitting his through pass to Goodison.’
- ‘And the nation's favourite Karen Carney has good feet - her little through pass before her winner on Saturday was a delight.’
- ‘William Storrie scored the opener following a good through pass from Matthew Wiseman.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.