One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for through ball
- ‘William Storrie scored the opener following a good through pass from Matthew Wiseman.’
- ‘And the nation's favourite Karen Carney has good feet - her little through pass before her winner on Saturday was a delight.’
- ‘Poyet picked out Ferdinand with a clever through pass who then smartly rounded Henning Berg before picking out Ziege to fire home at the far post.’
- ‘Lloyd looked lively on the right flank, pushing forward at every opportunity and Copley turned excellently before just over-hitting his through pass to Goodison.’
- ‘Kate Kelly scored Nestlé's first after a great through pass by Margi Charlson and Julie Moore made it 2-0 before half-time.’
- ‘Morton, however, were in a feisty mood and they grabbed the equaliser in the 55th minute when Sean O'Connor slotted home after a brilliant through pass from Derek Collins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.