One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for through ball
- ‘William Storrie scored the opener following a good through pass from Matthew Wiseman.’
- ‘Morton, however, were in a feisty mood and they grabbed the equaliser in the 55th minute when Sean O'Connor slotted home after a brilliant through pass from Derek Collins.’
- ‘Kate Kelly scored Nestlé's first after a great through pass by Margi Charlson and Julie Moore made it 2-0 before half-time.’
- ‘And the nation's favourite Karen Carney has good feet - her little through pass before her winner on Saturday was a delight.’
- ‘Lloyd looked lively on the right flank, pushing forward at every opportunity and Copley turned excellently before just over-hitting his through pass to Goodison.’
- ‘Poyet picked out Ferdinand with a clever through pass who then smartly rounded Henning Berg before picking out Ziege to fire home at the far post.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.