One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system whereby a traveller passing through a number of different transport networks can purchase one ticket for the complete journey.
- ‘The Council promotes a number of fares and ticketing initiatives such as free bus travel for older and disabled persons, discounted fares for school pupils, and multi-operator through-ticketing.’
- ‘As an example of what would be allowed by the through-ticketing option, a passenger could fly from Baltimore to Love Field by first connecting in an airport such as St. Louis, Kansas City or Houston.’
- ‘Miss McIntosh urged ministers to introduce rural bus grants for existing services not just new ones, and more through-ticketing and integration with rail services.’
- ‘Southwest executives said through-ticketing would cause fares to fall, even though passengers making long trips would have to go through nearby cities like Houston or Albuquerque.’
- ‘American, which has a big hub at DFW, expects to offer through-ticketing from Love Field to much of the country via St. Louis, said spokesman Tim Wagner.’
- ‘Scots are now promised free pensioner passes, quality buses and through-ticketing (a single ticket which will suffice for multi-segment journeys).’
- ‘The introduction of through-ticketing schemes enables passengers to choose their preferred route patterns and interchange points, which may vary from day-to-day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.