One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system whereby a traveller passing through a number of different transport networks can purchase one ticket for the complete journey.
- ‘American, which has a big hub at DFW, expects to offer through-ticketing from Love Field to much of the country via St. Louis, said spokesman Tim Wagner.’
- ‘Miss McIntosh urged ministers to introduce rural bus grants for existing services not just new ones, and more through-ticketing and integration with rail services.’
- ‘The introduction of through-ticketing schemes enables passengers to choose their preferred route patterns and interchange points, which may vary from day-to-day.’
- ‘As an example of what would be allowed by the through-ticketing option, a passenger could fly from Baltimore to Love Field by first connecting in an airport such as St. Louis, Kansas City or Houston.’
- ‘Scots are now promised free pensioner passes, quality buses and through-ticketing (a single ticket which will suffice for multi-segment journeys).’
- ‘The Council promotes a number of fares and ticketing initiatives such as free bus travel for older and disabled persons, discounted fares for school pupils, and multi-operator through-ticketing.’
- ‘Southwest executives said through-ticketing would cause fares to fall, even though passengers making long trips would have to go through nearby cities like Houston or Albuquerque.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.