One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for durchkomponiert
- ‘In 1916 he wrote what was most probably the first through-composed score for a feature film, The Fall of a Nation, a silent epic.’
- ‘Henze's through-composed settings are rich in orchestral colour and character.’
- ‘Schnittke's through-composed style is at times powerfully direct, but sometimes too direct, the chorus's declamation dramatic yet detached and almost perfunctory.’
- ‘Perhaps the musical future will be more romantic, more through-composed, than classic (with Bachian closed forms) after all?’
- ‘Because the same music was used for every stanza, the possibilities for detailed word-painting were limited: this is the key difference between the frottola and the through-composed madrigal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.