One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for durchkomponiert
- ‘Because the same music was used for every stanza, the possibilities for detailed word-painting were limited: this is the key difference between the frottola and the through-composed madrigal.’
- ‘Perhaps the musical future will be more romantic, more through-composed, than classic (with Bachian closed forms) after all?’
- ‘In 1916 he wrote what was most probably the first through-composed score for a feature film, The Fall of a Nation, a silent epic.’
- ‘Henze's through-composed settings are rich in orchestral colour and character.’
- ‘Schnittke's through-composed style is at times powerfully direct, but sometimes too direct, the chorus's declamation dramatic yet detached and almost perfunctory.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.