Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An abnormal tendency to develop blood clots.
- ‘Factor V Leiden is the most common cause of hereditary thrombophilia.’
- ‘A patient who experiences repeated episodes of thrombosis is said to have thrombophilia or hypercoagulability.’
- ‘Testing for protein C deficiency is often part of the laboratory analysis of individuals with thrombophilia.’
- ‘A patient's genetic information will be an important piece in solving the puzzle of thrombophilia.’
- ‘There is insufficient information to recommend use of PAI - 1 plasma levels or genotype in evaluating thrombophilia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.