One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dissolution of a blood clot, especially as induced artificially by infusion of an enzyme into the blood.
- ‘By contrast, patients can have thrombolysis administered by medical or paramedical staff at first contact before admission to hospital, and there is strong evidence that early administration improves outcome.’
- ‘Antithrombotic therapy, antiplatelet therapy, and thrombolysis are beneficial for acute coronary syndrome but harmful for aortic dissection.’
- ‘Therapeutic thrombolysis for acute myocardial infarction is standard practice, but not so for ischaemic stroke, the ‘brain attack’ equivalent of heart attack.’
- ‘Very little data are available on the benefits of thrombolysis versus surgical therapy for pulmonary embolism.’
- ‘Finally, evidence suggests that older and younger patients benefit to a similar degree from cardiovascular interventions ranging from thrombolysis to treatment of hypertension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.