One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The dissolution of a blood clot, especially as induced artificially by infusion of an enzyme into the blood.
- ‘Very little data are available on the benefits of thrombolysis versus surgical therapy for pulmonary embolism.’
- ‘By contrast, patients can have thrombolysis administered by medical or paramedical staff at first contact before admission to hospital, and there is strong evidence that early administration improves outcome.’
- ‘Finally, evidence suggests that older and younger patients benefit to a similar degree from cardiovascular interventions ranging from thrombolysis to treatment of hypertension.’
- ‘Antithrombotic therapy, antiplatelet therapy, and thrombolysis are beneficial for acute coronary syndrome but harmful for aortic dissection.’
- ‘Therapeutic thrombolysis for acute myocardial infarction is standard practice, but not so for ischaemic stroke, the ‘brain attack’ equivalent of heart attack.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.