One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Reasons for exclusion from the study included previous cancer, thromboembolic disease, current use of anticoagulants, shortened life expectancy, and desire for future pregnancy.’
- ‘Rather than regarding pulmonary embolism as a simple binary disease, the emphasis in patient outcome studies should be the thromboembolic event rate in patients not initially treated for thromboembolic disease.’
- ‘Clinical data obtained were death from thromboembolic causes, recurrent DVT or pulmonary emboli, and major bleeding episodes.’
- ‘The patients most at risk from stroke are those with a history of thromboembolic disease, diabetes, hypertension, and cardiac failure and those female patients more than 75 years old.’
- ‘For a list of risk factors for deep venous thrombosis and other thromboembolic disorders, see Table 1.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.