Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for platelet
- ‘In general, two to six blood platelets or thrombocytes are seen in an oil immersion field, but their distribution is variable and they may appear in large clumps.’
- ‘Grade 3 or Grade 4 thrombocyte abnormalities, including thrombocytopenic events were observed in 14% of the patients who received TEMODAL.’
- ‘Circulating lipoprotein and thrombocytes increased in all groups.’
- ‘Leukocytes were classified as lymphocytes, thrombocytes, granulocytes and monocytes, and percentages of cell types were calculated.’
- ‘The erythrocytes were allowed to settle for 1 h, and the plasma, leukocytes and thrombocytes were separated by aspirating the supernatant.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.