Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for platelet
- ‘In general, two to six blood platelets or thrombocytes are seen in an oil immersion field, but their distribution is variable and they may appear in large clumps.’
- ‘Leukocytes were classified as lymphocytes, thrombocytes, granulocytes and monocytes, and percentages of cell types were calculated.’
- ‘Circulating lipoprotein and thrombocytes increased in all groups.’
- ‘The erythrocytes were allowed to settle for 1 h, and the plasma, leukocytes and thrombocytes were separated by aspirating the supernatant.’
- ‘Grade 3 or Grade 4 thrombocyte abnormalities, including thrombocytopenic events were observed in 14% of the patients who received TEMODAL.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.