One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall Eurasian bellflower that is reputed to cure sore throats.
Genus Campanula, family Campanulaceae: several species, in particular C. trachelium and C. latifolia
- ‘Look for unique flowers from the Mediterranean climate regions of the world, such as African daisies, Australian kangaroo paw (Anigozanthos flavidus ‘Pink Joey’) and Mediterranean throatwort.’
- ‘Culpeper calls the herb throatwort because of its use in treating this disease.’
- ‘Other names for this plant include fairy bells, rabbit flower, throatwort and witches’ thimbles.’
- ‘Trachelium caeruleum or blue throatwort is a member of the Campanula family and native to the West and Central Mediterranean region.’
- ‘Trachelium or throatwort is an excellent annual with long lasting flowers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.