One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall Eurasian bellflower that is reputed to cure sore throats.
Genus Campanula, family Campanulaceae: several species, in particular C. trachelium and C. latifolia
- ‘Trachelium caeruleum or blue throatwort is a member of the Campanula family and native to the West and Central Mediterranean region.’
- ‘Other names for this plant include fairy bells, rabbit flower, throatwort and witches’ thimbles.’
- ‘Trachelium or throatwort is an excellent annual with long lasting flowers.’
- ‘Culpeper calls the herb throatwort because of its use in treating this disease.’
- ‘Look for unique flowers from the Mediterranean climate regions of the world, such as African daisies, Australian kangaroo paw (Anigozanthos flavidus ‘Pink Joey’) and Mediterranean throatwort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.