Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A means of reproducing natural colours by combining photographic images in the three primary colours.
- ‘The Printers Guild wanted new ways to manufacture better paper and were interested in a basic three-color process.’
- ‘The three-colour process is at the heart of color reproduction on any type of paper.’
- ‘The three-color process is designed for, and depends upon, three-strip separation negatives for its printing medium.’
- ‘With the exception of black, every colour may be reproduced by the three-colour process, but it is necessary that the colours used be kept as clean as possible.’
- ‘The only way to reproduce a full spectrum of natural hues was with a three-color process.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.