One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A method of hair removal in which unwanted hairs are plucked out by using a twisted cotton thread.
- ‘The hair removal itself was successful, I would love to be able to continue threading.’
- ‘Another plus of threading is that it can be done on very short hairs.’
- ‘The ancient art of threading - a precision-perfect grooming technique - is a quick way to get them done.’
- ‘Bear the ache of threading for shapely eyebrows.’
A facility for organizing a series of posts relating to the same subject as a linked sequence on a message board or newsgroup.
- ‘Several problems arise from handling forums as if they were e-mail lists, beginning with the issues of threading, which, as mentioned above, are different in e-mail and the Web.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.