One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the ancient country of Thrace or its people.‘the patriarchal structure of Thracian society’
- ‘Apollo, having watched all this, rouses a Trojan, who begins to defend the Thracian camp.’
- ‘Both towns were founded by Thracian tribes and later settled by the ancient Greeks.’
- ‘At the museum in the old (c.1800) house in Peshtera we were shown two Thracian sarcophagi dating back 5,000 years.’
- ‘Orpheus, Ares, and Boreas (the god of the destructive north wind) are all considered to be Thracian.’
- ‘Through its Thracian heritage, Bulgaria lays claim to being the birthplace of wine-making.’
A native or inhabitant of the ancient country of Thrace.‘he was dragged into the circus to fight against a Thracian’
- ‘Some consider that the leader and military commander Spartacus was a Thracian.’
- ‘Sofia started as a settlement of ancient Thracians around 1000 BC.’
- ‘The Thracians, who are the first inhabitants of what is today Bulgaria, were known to have had numerous sheep flocks.’
- ‘In ancient times, the Thracians shaped the granite rock into building blocks at the quarry.’
- ‘Thracians were an intergral part of the evolution of ancient Mediterranean civilisation (Hellenic and Roman).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.