One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dressing for salad or seafood consisting of mayonnaise with ketchup and chopped gherkins.
- ‘In a nearby refrigerator, he found a bowl of salad with Thousand Island dressing, and found a spoon, fork, and knife in a nearby drawer.’
- ‘Steamed broccoli tastes good with most sauce or dressings, such as mayonnaise, Thousand Island dressing or horseradish sauce.’
- ‘The Thousand Island dressing, or whatever it is that they put on the crab, is just too good.’
- ‘A salad with a lot of Thousand Island dressing is just as bad as a cheeseburger.’
- ‘We had biscuits and eggs and salad with Thousand Island dressing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.