One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dressing for salad or seafood consisting of mayonnaise with ketchup and chopped gherkins.
- ‘We had biscuits and eggs and salad with Thousand Island dressing.’
- ‘Steamed broccoli tastes good with most sauce or dressings, such as mayonnaise, Thousand Island dressing or horseradish sauce.’
- ‘In a nearby refrigerator, he found a bowl of salad with Thousand Island dressing, and found a spoon, fork, and knife in a nearby drawer.’
- ‘A salad with a lot of Thousand Island dressing is just as bad as a cheeseburger.’
- ‘The Thousand Island dressing, or whatever it is that they put on the crab, is just too good.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.