One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘More insidious, though, are the thousands of daily examples of anti-social behaviour and thoughtlessness perpetrated by people well into adulthood.’
- ‘Anonymity allows, if not encourages, thoughtlessness.’
- ‘All that selfishness and thoughtlessness and looking out for numero uno, all those people you have hurt and things you have said and evil thoughts you have harboured - it all has to be accounted for.’
- ‘Wonderful work is being done by your committee and it seems a pity that this can be undone to a certain extent by the carelessness and thoughtlessness of others as far as litter is concerned.’
- ‘I do not condone reckless riding, thoughtlessness and bad manners but the many cyclists who do behave responsibly should not be classed with the small number who don't.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.