One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Avid moviegoers should be singing the director's praises from the rooftops for daring to thrash out the matter in all its imperfect, dark thorniness.’
- ‘Again, as with much of Mahler, it's not so much a matter of the thorniness of the musical material or the opacity of the form, but the emotional content of the piece.’
- ‘I think that's the whole reason for the thorniness of the debate here.’
- ‘It often forms dense thickets, and these are often thorny, since thornless cultivars appear to retain genes for thorniness that may be expressed as genes recombine in their progeny.’
- ‘Numerous studies have shown, however, that prickliness, spinesence or thorniness decreases with increasing height in the crown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.