One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- trademark for chlorpromazine
- ‘For some 40 years before, medications like Thorazine, Haldol, and Mellaril were given to patients with schizophrenia or psychosis to silence their voices and calm their agitation.’
- ‘I gave him enough Thorazine to reduce him to a babbling idiot.’
- ‘And, just so you'll know, Justin hasn't been on Thorazine since he's been here.’
- ‘He was surprised to find out a considerable amount of Thorazine was missing from a medical cabinet in your ward.’
- ‘Within weeks he committed suicide by taking a huge overdose of his prescribed Thorazine.’
1950s: formed from elements of the systematic name.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.