Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The main vessel of the lymphatic system, passing upwards in front of the spine and draining into the left innominate vein near the base of the neck.
- ‘Chylothorax due to excessive sternal retraction causing injury to the thoracic duct, though rare, is not unknown.’
- ‘This excess interstitial fluid is taken up by the lymph vessels and returns to the vascular system at the base of the neck where the main lymph vessel, the thoracic duct, joins the venous system.’
- ‘Esophagectomy included resection of the esophageal tube en bloc with the vagus nerves, the thoracic duct, and the right azygous vein.’
- ‘With this patient, the images of the communication between the pericardium and the thoracic duct could be more clearly identified, due to improvements in computerizing techniques.’
- ‘The two main central lymphatic trunks are the right lymphatic duct and the thoracic duct.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.