Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the thorax.‘thoracic vertebrae’‘a trilobite with twelve thoracic segments’
- ‘The sympathetic nerve supply to the lung arises in the upper six thoracic segments of the spinal cord.’
- ‘Abdominal and proximal thoracic aortic aneurysms developed a few years later.’
- ‘Effective speech depends also on the motor neurons in the cervical and thoracic parts of the spinal cord that serve the muscles of breathing.’
- ‘The left bronchial arteries, usually two, arise from the ventral surface of the thoracic aorta.’
- ‘The rib cage presses down on the pelvis, reducing thoracic and abdominal space.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.