One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theology of Thomas Aquinas or of his followers.
- ‘Finlay's prose, some of it gathered here, is often rewarding theologically in spite of its tendentious Thomism.’
- ‘Humanistic values, Thomism, Augustinianism, paganism, mysticism and the new science exist side by side with one another.’
- ‘That Thomism was of immense importance in cultural history no one can doubt.’
- ‘The Leonine revival of Thomism stressed the primacy of divine over natural law and gave the clerical reconquest of Christian civilization a philosophical rationale.’
- ‘Does this mean Leo XIII was wrong, or that St. Pius X, Benedict XV, Pius XI, and Pius XII were mistaken in their repeated affirmation that Thomism is the philosophy of the Church?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.