One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Metabasic rocks throughout the Moine outcrop display a tholeiitic chemistry comparable with modern mid-ocean basalts.’
- ‘A tholeiitic suite of dolerite dykes in the southwestern Borrowdale Volcanic Group is a separate, later magmatic event.’
- ‘In the Canaries, the lavas are much more compositionally varied in each of these stages, ranging from tholeiitic basalts to phonolites and trachytes.’
- ‘Carboniferous volcanism, occurring at converging plates margins, both at the Appalachian and at the Ouachita margins, was decidedly not tholeiitic.’
- ‘The Whin Sill complex is a large tholeiitic quartz dolerite intrusion in northern England.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.