One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact about to be stated.‘I know this much, you would defy the world to get what you wanted’
- ‘I have to hire an entire team of people for a brand new project - this much is true.’
- ‘I'll tell you this much, any guy who pulls a stunt like that is coming away with a bloody stump.’
- ‘But you accept this much at any rate: you did in fact stab her twice?’
- ‘Details of exactly what happened next are murky, but this much is clear.’
- ‘I haven't a clue about politics but I do know this much - the country needs us to pay our taxes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.