One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expression of contentment with one's present circumstances.‘Ice cubes clinked in crystal glasses. ‘This is the life,’ she said’
- ‘‘Now, this is the life,’ Marta said a few minutes later as they stood near the ocean's edge, drinking smoothies.’
- ‘‘Yes, this is the life for me,’ he said out loud, to himself.’
- ‘After I directed, when I went back to being an actor, I was like, ‘God, this is the life!’’
- ‘I'm not sure many of the holidaymakers here were too happy when 20-odd footballers all barged into the hotel reception but, you have to say, this is the life!’
- ‘Bronzed bodies and muscles, ah yes this is the life and I am enjoying every minute of it.’
- ‘‘Now this is the life,’ she mumbled contented with the flowing music.’
- ‘‘Man, this is the life,’ he continues, lighting up a huge brown cigar.’
- ‘By ‘personal values,’ I mean what gets you excited; what makes your heart sing; what makes you feel like, ‘yes, this is the life!’’
- ‘‘Max, this is the life,’ I said as I looked around the living room.’
- ‘‘Ahhh, this is the life,’ Long purred, stretching out his arms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.