Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The central cavity of the brain, lying between the thalamus and hypothalamus of the two cerebral hemispheres.
- ‘The gross cerebral anatomy is normal and I was able to identify the thalami, septum pelucidum, falx, third ventricle and lateral ventricles which appear normal.’
- ‘Examination of the brain revealed only enlarged lateral and third ventricles.’
- ‘The lateral ventricles were slightly dilated, but there was no dilation or elongation of the third ventricle or displacement of adjacent hypothalamic structures.’
- ‘In the central nervous system, gangliocytomas are most often found in the floor of the third ventricle or hypothalamus and in the temporal and frontal lobes.’
- ‘The lateral and third ventricles were slightly dilated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.