One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A fielding position near the boundary behind the slips.
- ‘I was pretty nervous standing at mid-off and third man.’
- ‘I'd put him at long leg, then mid-off, then third man and back to long leg several times between overs just to let him know who's in charge now.’
- ‘I attempted a glide down to third man, and ended up edging it to slip’
- ‘I tried to steer one to third man, but guided it to first slip instead’
- 1.1 A fielder at third man.
- ‘Both Marcus Trescothick and Andrew Strauss weathered the opening hostility and, aided by the lack of a third man, started scoring freely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.