One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See third age
- ‘A growing number of schools are responding to the academic needs of third agers by offering programs that enable nontraditional students to complete degrees amidst careers and other obligations.’
- ‘The third photograph is of a retired railway man who took up a new life as a volunteer in a museum in Austria staffed almost entirely by third agers.’
- ‘The typical third ager is also educated, with 86 percent having been to college.’
- ‘And the prospect of young-at-heart ‘third agers’ viewing York as their playground is beguiling, if a little scary.’
- ‘In the discourse of the so-called third and fourth age, the third ager is often defined to be an active consumer of technology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.