Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting education at a college or university.
higher-level, higher, tertiary, third-levelView synonyms
- ‘Student tickets will also be issued on production of a valid Student Identity Card issued by a recognised third-level college in the Republic of Ireland.’
- ‘A further six members will be nominated by the three main teacher unions, two by colleges of education and two by third-level bodies.’
- ‘All third-level colleges delivering these courses will be available to answer any queries on the evening.’
- ‘His college friends were earning a wage after four years in third-level education but he was still a guest of my parents munificence.’
- ‘Good luck to all students who are back in school and also to those who will be attending third-level colleges in the next few weeks.’
- ‘It was designed to introduce children to the idea of going to third-level college and show them the sort of activities that go on there.’
- ‘Waterford is doing extraordinarily well with 75% of its employees having a third-level education.’
- ‘However, the minister was at pains to stress the need for greater co-operation between third-level colleges if the fourth tier is to become a success.’
- ‘The increase in the numbers attending third-level colleges in the last fifteen years has been astounding.’
- ‘It was great to read that more Carlow students than ever before are going on to third-level Education.’
- ‘The company sponsors the prize in all third-level colleges to promote science as a career among students.’
- ‘The first round of offers for third-level college places will be made by the following Monday.’
- ‘He also ruled out reports that he has plans to reintroduce fees for third-level college.’
- ‘There is a growing appreciation of the important contribution that the third-level colleges make in response to changing skills needs.’
- ‘Last year, UCC became the first Irish college to introduce a third-level course dedicated to family business management.’
- ‘A similar study of third-level colleges found Trinity to be litter-free, while UCD was branded heavily littered.’
- ‘A third-level college and more housing for the area are other key issues for him.’
- ‘Gateways are areas with urban populations of more than 100,000, with strong second and third-level education facilities.’
- ‘Many young people never aspire to third-level education and make an extremely valuable contribution to their schools and their communities.’
- ‘I'm going to visit colleges and third-level institutions around Leinster and around Ireland.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.