One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic crystalline compound used in photography and the manufacture of synthetic resins.
The sulphur analogue of urea; chemical formula: SC(NH₂)₂
- ‘Though the mutagenic activity of ethylene thiourea is well documented, very little is known about the deleterious effects of zineb.’
- ‘However, the presence of thiourea in the RB prevents effective protein alkylation by IAA.’
- ‘Isothiocyanate reacts spontaneously with amino groups to form thiourea which interferes in the thyroid gland with the organification of iodide and the formation of thyroid hormone.’
- ‘IPI test results indicate the thiourea in the formula is the effective ingredient, converting image silver to stable silver sulfide.’
- ‘All three have been shown to be active in a variety of yeast-based screens and there is some evidence that urethane and thiourea may induce free radicals in yeast cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.