A salt containing the anion S₂O₃²⁻, i.e. a sulphate with one oxygen atom replaced by sulphur.
- ‘Silver thiosulphate inhibited root length to about 30% of the controls, but NBD appeared to have no significant effect on this parameter.’
- ‘The cells can produce hydrogen sulfide from thiosulphate.’
- ‘A complex of soluble silver thiosulfate is produced.’
- ‘Adequate washing is necessary to remove residual thiosulfates in the print, which could otherwise cause the print to deteriorate over time.’
- ‘Ammonium thiosulfate also is effective, but must not be placed with the seed because of the potential for seed germination damage.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.