One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt containing the anion SCN⁻.
- ‘It was mixed in a water-based solution of cobalt thiocyanate, ferric chloride, and various acids.’
- ‘Why for instance does the use of two different monovalent salts, potassium thiocyanate and potassium chloride, produce such different results?’
- ‘The DNA was prepared using guanidine thiocyanate, ethanol precipitation, protease K digestion, chloroform extraction and ethanol precipitation as described previously, and dissolved in TE buffer.’
- ‘Both thiocysteine and thiosulfate can be used by the enzyme rhodanese to incorporate sulfur into cyanide, thereby detoxifying the cyanide to thiocyanate.’
- ‘The enzyme myrosinase reacts with glucosinolates present in plant foods and generates thiocyanate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.