One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consider a course of action carefully before embarking on it.‘she would think twice about accepting a job where smoking was the norm’
- ‘I suspect a number of adults would have thought twice about doing what you did.’
- ‘One day, perhaps not too far away, recycling won't be thought twice about (it's already second nature in many European nations).’
- ‘I might have read these lines in any of hundreds of reports over the last decade or so, and the sad thing is that I wouldn't have thought twice about it.’
- ‘Another study, by the Canadian Cancer Society, found 58% of smokers who saw photographic warnings on packets thought twice about the health costs of smoking.’
- ‘Of course, once I thought twice about holiday math, I realized that 16.7 percent of all days occur during November and December.’
- ‘A few years ago in Atlanta, I wouldn't have thought twice about this scene.’
- ‘In my pocket, I'm picking at one corner of the envelope, thinking twice about giving it to him, even thinking twice about taking the thing out of my pocket.’
- ‘Last year, many swimmers thought twice about entering the surf.’
- ‘And should parents think twice before enrolling their children on scuba courses?’
- ‘‘I don't know how people don't know what's right and what's wrong,’ he says, giving no suggestion that he thought twice about going to war.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.